How is this for a scare on Halloween!
Read in Fast Company: https://apple.news/AGRSA-g1BR7q_kvvcYj-IWA
What changed? Everything:
- Recent patients are younger (averaging age 47 versus 63).
- Patients arrive at the hospital in better shape, with less-severe symptoms.
- Medical staff are now well-versed in best practices, such as resting patients on their stomachs and avoiding ventilators for as long as possible.
- Physicians have a small arsenal of pharmaceutical treatments.
- Hospitals are less crowded.
A New Record...